According to Fox News Digital, the FBI established a task force on Monday to combat violent Tesla attacks.
The task force, which will coordinate investigative efforts, was established by the FBI in collaboration with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF).
As authorities focus on preventing violence, the FBI advises Tesla owners to exercise caution: former agent
According to information obtained by Fox News Digital, there have been multiple incidents of targeted shootings, vandalism, and arson against Tesla dealerships, charging stations, and cars nationwide in recent weeks.
The task force is being formed in the midst of a nationwide campaign to target Tesla owners, dealerships, and charging stations due to Elon Musk’s involvement with the Trump administration’s Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE), which aims to reduce fraud and wasteful spending in the federal government. Musk is Tesla’s CEO and co-founder.
FBI spokesman Ben Williamson told Fox News Digital, “As always, Director Patel and Deputy Director Bongino have been adamant about responsiveness to agents on the ground and providing them with the resources they need to serve Americans.” “This Task Force is just the latest move in coordinating our efforts to ensure those who violently attack Tesla will be pursued and brought to justice.”
Fox News Digital has learned that since March 1, 2025, the FBI has received 48 “guardians” pertaining to criminal activity, threatening communications, and violence in Tesla. Guardians evaluate incidents related to counterterrorism.
Seven complete arson investigations are still pending, and the FBI is looking into them in coordination with federal, state, and local law enforcement partners.
The FBI has not established a link between individuals involved in the string of arson incidents at Tesla dealerships and properties and online organizations, a source close to the case told Fox News Digital.
“Director Patel has been unequivocally clear: the FBI will be relentless in its mission to protect the American people,” a different FBI official stated. “Acts of violence, vandalism, and domestic terrorism – like the recent Tesla attacks – will be pursued with the full force of the law.”
Regarding the task force, a command post has been established at FBI headquarters, and a threat tag has been established at the FBI to expedite reports. To lessen that threat stream, a joint FBI/ATF task force is involved.
According to information obtained by Fox News Digital, on March 29, 2025, 500 protesters are requesting that all 277 Tesla showrooms and Supercharger stations participate in the Tesla Takedown.
Last week, the FBI discovered a website registered on March 17, 2025, that included a map of the United States showing the locations of Tesla dealerships and superchargers, along with the addresses of people connected to the Department of Government Efficiency. A Molotov cocktail was the website’s cursor.
The attacks are being handled by the FBI as “domestic terrorism.” The attacks on Tesla were referred to as “domestic terrorism” by Attorney General Pam Bondi, and the Justice Department last week charged three suspects in the Tesla arson cases.
The head of the Department of Government Efficiency and CEO of Tesla has expressed his “shock” at the attacks and protests against the company.
“It’s really come as quite a shock to me that there is this level of real hatred and violence from the left,” Musk stated in an exclusive interview on “Hannity” last week.
“I believed that Democrats, or the left, were meant to be the party of compassion and understanding. They’re burning down cars, though. Dealerships are being firebombed. Bullets are being fired into dealerships. “They’re simply destroying Teslas,” he added.
In response to the “deranged” attacks, Musk said, “there’s some kind of mental illness thing going on here because this doesn’t make any sense.” The billionaire even made reference to “larger forces” that might be responsible for the attacks that have been occurring all over the country.